Ringgit Malaysia oh Ringgit Malaysia.................

Tuesday, September 15, 2015


I begin my first entry with gratitude and thankfulness because still have the change to breath in this world. Muehehe. :D

      Assalamualaikum. Holla readers. I am a new member in Blogger World. My name is Nuraina Syazwani Bt Mohd Hamdan. You can call me Aina or Wani. Hah! Actually this is my first attempt to update any current issues related to my course.

 --> STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT<--

      Actually this is my individual assignment given through this subject. It is awesome and creative assignment ever right?

       
Ehh Ehh I can see Dr. Ummi Salwa read my entry. HAHAHA! She is my Mentor also my lecturer for Strategic Management Course. Depends on the assignment requirement, I have to post any entry related to the current issues (Economics, Socities, Business, Corporate World) also my opinion according to that issues.

Ok. Let us move to my first and foremost entry. CHILL.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

       Today, I would  like to share something about The Fallen Ringgit Value. This issue now become a rumor among Malaysian and global. It so serious issue for a develop country.

       Alright. Firstly, I like to show you the sequences caused the drop in the Ringgit's Value. When is the beginning of Ringgit's value fall?







The ringgit started falling in late 2014. On 1 December 2014, the ringgit had its largest two-day depreciation since the 1997-98 Asian financial crisis, falling 2.4% to 3.4300 to the US dollar at closing, from 3.3465 per US dollar on Thursday 27 November at closing.

            On 12 June 2015, it was reported that the ringgit had dropped for four consecutive weeks in the years longest losing stretch so far. The ringgit has become Asias worst performing currency.

            In the end of 2014, the ringgit has falling from 3.3465 to 3.4300 per US Dollar. The currency keep falling from time to time until it reach 3.7105 US Dollar on March 11 2015. On July 6 2015, the Ringgit had decline falling to 3.81 US Dollar which is the same level of Asian Financial Crisis value in 1997.. So sad condition.

            For every single things happened have their own reason. Based on my reading, there are a few factor due to the fallen of Ringgit Value. According to Deputy Finance Minister, Chua Tee Yong said it caused by fallen of oil price below USD 50 per barrel in July. Other than that :

  • due to external factors, including the fall in global oil prices and pressure from the US dollar.
  • At the same time, if we look at China, its shares index has plunged up to 30 per cent within a short time period.
  • the decline in the exchange rate was also being experienced by other countries such as Australia, with the percentage being higher than that of the ringgit.
  • This shows that (currencies globally) are at present feeling the impact of the drop in commodity prices, alongside the possibility of the United States raising its interest rates.


 My entry become hot ads fulfill with this crisis. Nyumm nyumm.


The ringgit's current decline is due to external factors, including the fall in global oil prices and pressure from the US dollar.


The picture above shows that the fallen of Ringgit's value affected the positive and negative feedback. It never thought by us.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In My Opinion

Malaysias ringgit has slid past 4.0 against US dollar in the worst currency crash seen for the first time in 17 years.

            The main culprit however, is the decreasing oil prices which destabilises the oil-exporting economy. The continuous ringgit slide is alarmingly disquieting.

            So, I wanna ask you..How would the decrease of ringgit
s value affect you as a consumer? Are we the generation bound to experience the comeback of ringgit meltdown during 1997-1998 Asian financial crisis? THINK WISELY.

Opppsss. I forgot something ! I shall stop here. I forgot to wash my clothes. It was looks like Kinabalu Mount. Hehe.
 

            Actually, a lot of news and issues that I prefer to share with you, but I will post them in the next entry. Wait for me okay !
 



    
Thank you for reading my entry. :)  AssalamualaikuM







 “Economics is sometimes associated with the study and defense of selfishness and material inequality, but it has an egalitarian and civil libertarian core that should be celebrated.”-Tyler Cowen





You Might Also Like

2 comments